Okay, NOW I go to bed. Goodniiiiight Mayo, Jovi, Chelsea (CONGRATS ON YOUR JOB CHELSEA), Sof, etc etc
The undersides of my left toes itch and they have itched all day????
It’s sad that I’m less passionate about my original fiction than I am about my roleplaying….and I like writing dialogue better than scenery…..I’ll never be a pro writer….
Yahoo bought Tumblr pass it on
Announcement coming Monday
Where’s your source!? lol
A variety of tech sites have been speculating about Yahoo’s interest in a Tumblr buyout; Yahoo making a mysterious announcement slated for Monday ties in with that.
Any ideas on how this will affect the legal/privacy policies for Tumblr? as well as management structure
Yes, here’s an idea: Tumblr will most likely be shut down after 90 days.
Yahoo! CEO Marissa Mayer has shut down 6 out of the last 7 (debatably 7 if the rumors hold true) companies Yahoo! has bought out under her reign.
- Stamped, acquired in October 2012, service closed “by end of year”
- OnTheAir, acquired December 2012, service closed essentially immediately.
- Snip.it, acquired January 2013, service closed immediately.
- Alike, acquired February 2013, service closed immediately.
- Summly, acquired March 2013, service “integrated into Yahoo’s mobile site”
- Jybe, also acquired March 2013, app closed immediately. Supposedly service was integrated int “our efforts to build great products and experiences for the millions of people who come to Yahoo! every day.”
- Astrid hasn’t been closed yet, but was acquired earlier in May. Astrid is now offering methods to export to-do list info; rumors of the service being closed abound, but because of the rumors it’s hard to differentiate fact from theory in some cases.
well that’s discouraging.